Imagine you are at a party with your friends. You had a great time, but now it’s time to go home. You want to book an Uber ride back home. You are so tired that you just can’t wait to get into bed. But as you look at your cell phone, you realize that you only have 2 percent battery left. The moment you type the destination and Boom! Your mobile phone turns off. Yes! We’ve all been there and understand the complete and utter frustration of your cell phone battery draining so fast.
Many factors cause your battery to drain very quickly. Fortunately, there are ways by which you can optimize your cell phone battery to last longer.
Many tricks will help you optimize your battery life. So, we’ve put it all together right here for you.
Let’s dive into it!
Apps are draining your Cell Phone Battery
The apps which you have been using frequently are the ones that will drain your battery the most. But why do the apps drain your battery so much? There are few reasons for that. Whenever you use the Apps, they always show advertisements. The number of apps that are ad-free and free of cost is dwindling. These ads take up a good amount of power. Secondly, some of the apps continuously refresh themselves in the background, which consumes the power.
Video streaming apps are also responsible for consuming your phone’s battery pretty quickly because your screen is on for a long time. Apart from that, the navigation apps take a lot of power to run. You must have observed that whenever you are using Google maps to go somewhere and your battery goes down rapidly.
These are the biggest culprit of battery drainage:
- Google Maps
What can you do to make your mobile phone battery last longer?
To keep your battery alive, you wouldn’t have to stop using all these apps totally, but knowing what’s likely to drain it is the first step toward resolving it. Nowadays, every cell phone’s battery lasts for at least a day, but if you are struggling to charge your mobile phone repeatedly, then you might have to find out a solution for that. These are some of the ways by which you can optimize your cell phone’s battery.
- Reduce the “Screen timeout” from the settings so that your phone turns off after 30 seconds of no activity.
- Reduce the Brightness of your Mobile. This is one of the major factors which causes your battery to drain out very quickly.
- The typing sound from your keyboard should be turned off and the Vibrations as well.
- Turn off the features that take high power like Hotspot, and if your device is not connected to the internet through WIFI, then turn it off as well.
- Under the “Battery Usage” of your phone, check which of the apps are the ones that take up a lot of power, and then use those apps only when it is needed.
The truth is that battery life doesn’t depend on these factors only. It’s not like you start following these steps, and now your cell phone battery works for two days. However, the abovementioned tips and tricks would definitely improve it. But, if it hasn’t improved at all, then you probably have to go for battery replacement.